Sunday, October 31, 2010

Selfish Vs Being Christ Like

Job 22; Mark 7; Mark 8
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Selfish Vs Christ Like

Scripture

Mark 8

34 Then, calling the crowd to join his disciples, he said, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me. 35 If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake and for the sake of the Good News, you will save it. 36 And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? 37 Is anything worth more than your soul?

Observation

Is today all about you? Or are you ready to serve Jesus with all of you heart. Is your heart in tune with God’s today?

Is anything worth more than your soul? Is anything worth more than someone else’s soul?

Take up your cross today and serve the Lord with all of your heart. At the end of the day you may be tired but you will be able to say that it was all worth it.

Application

I will not grumble about having lots to do today. I will ask My Heavenly Father to keep my focus on others and not on myself.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me serve You today by serving others. Help me not to grumble when things don’t go exactly right. I pray for the Fall Festival that it would bring You glory and honor. I pray that we could reach some families that need a church home. I pray that You would draw people to be a part of our church. I pray that some of these people that come to the Festival would find salvation. Give everyone the strength they need today to serve You with all of their hearts.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: