Sunday, October 03, 2010

You Can’t Take It With You, But You Can Send It On Ahead!

Ezra 5; Ezra 6; Psalm 138; Luke 16
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


You Can’t Take It With You, But You Can Send It On Ahead!

Scripture

Luke 16


9 Here’s the lesson: Use your worldly resources to benefit others and make friends. Then, when your earthly possessions are gone, they will welcome you to an eternal home.

Observation

It is true that all of our wealth here on this earth will be left for someone else to enjoy and even though it is true that you can’t take it with you … you can send it on ahead.

God’s word teaches us that we can send our riches on ahead of us to Heaven, by giving them away down here. Being generous and helping others with our resources is sending them on to Heaven ahead of us. What have you sent on ahead? What have I invested in Heaven? Am I spending it all on myself here on this earth? How sad for me if I am!

Application

I will be generous as the Lord gives me opportunity.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me live this week like I really do believe this principle. Help me to be generous with the resources that you have provided me. You are a loving Heavenly Father Who knows how to bless His children and I am very blessed.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: