Friday, October 01, 2010

Ownership!

Zechariah 10; Zechariah 11; Zechariah 12; Psalm 126; Luke 14
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Ownership!

Scripture

Luke 14

33 So you cannot become my disciple without giving up everything you own.

Observation

Discipleship is linked with ownership and Jesus says in this passage that you can’t be a disciple of His until you have given up everything that you own. What is in your back pocket?

Does how we spend our money reflect that we are Jesus’ disciples?
I watch how people spend money to go here and to go there, to go this event, or to this concert, or on this cruise, or that excursion or trip, and you have to wonder how much of their resources are at Jesus’ disposal.

Do they ever wonder if the reason they have that extra money that they are using on themselves was for some other need or purpose or person.

I am not saying not to do some special stuff and take a vacation etc, but we must balance out how we spend our money because it doesn’t belong to us. We are not the owners of it. We are just caretakers of the resources that God has made available to us and if we spend it all on ourselves then how can the kingdom be expanded.

Application

Show me what You want me to do with Your resources today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that I am not the owner of anything that I have in my possession, but help me act like it. Thank You for providing me with so much. Thank You for taking care of us. Kathy and I are blessed. Help us be good stewards of everything that You have allowed us to be caretakers of. We know that it doesn’t belong to us. Help us to be generous with all that You have given us. Show us where we should use our resources. You own everything. We are rich because You have given us everything. There is not one thing that we lack because of Your Wonderful love for us.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: