Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sharing The Good News

Job 17; Acts 24; Acts 25; Acts 26
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Sharing The Good News

Scripture

Acts 26

28 Agrippa interrupted him. “Do you think you can persuade me to become a Christian so quickly?”

29 Paul replied, “Whether quickly or not, I pray to God that both you and everyone here in this audience might become the same as I am, except for these chains.”

Observation

Yesterday Denise heard the Good News and invited Jesus to be Lord of her life. King Agrippa heard the Good News and probably chose to say “no” to God’s wonderful offer, but we won’t know for sure until we get to Heaven. I think there will be lots of surprises in Heaven don’t you? I think people will be there that we wrote off as lost causes and there will be some of the church faithful missing.

This is an amazing story! When Paul was saved God said that this was his destiny. Paul would be his messenger to the Gentiles and he would suffer much for the kingdom. Paul’s life is totally amazing. I love to read about Paul …don’t you?

Even though the government leaders all thought Paul was totally innocent the Jewish leaders continued to press for Paul’s death until they probably were successful in having him executed. While he was under arrest I wonder how many people, how many prisoners and how many soldiers came to faith in Christ?

Application

The Good News is our responsibility to share. I will look for opportunities today to share my faith. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, guide my thoughts. Guide my actions. Help me be Your spokesman today. Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: