Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Doing the Right Thing When We Know We Should!

2 Chronicles 29; 2 Chronicles 30; 2 Chronicles 31; James 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Doing the Right Thing When We Know We Should!

Scripture

James 4

17 Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.

Observation

I think my biggest area of sin is just what James says in verse 17 of chapter four of the book of James. It is when I know I ought to do something and then don't do it. Sometimes it is because I am tired. Sometimes I just decide not to do it. For what ever reason when I don't do what I know I should do then it is sin. I think it is where even committed Christians struggle the most. It boils down to obedience or I should say “disobedience”. And disobedience to God is always “sin”.

Application

I want to be totally obedient even when I don't feel like it. I will ask God for help to be more obedient to Him in everything. Hope about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me today to say “yes” to You when You put something on my heart that I know I need to do. I pray for safety for the team today and I pray for a huge response to the block party that the World Changers will do today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: