Sunday, July 17, 2011

Prized Possession!

Isaiah 29; Isaiah 30; Isaiah 31; James 1
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Prized Possession!

Scripture

James 1

17 Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow. 18 He chose to give birth to us by giving us his true word. And we, out of all creation, became his prized possession.

Observation

It is hard to imagine that we are God's prized possession, but we are. Now it is our job to make Him smile by our faithful obedience. He never changes. I can't say that for myself or for those around me. People do change. People do let us down. People are one way today and tomorrow they are totally different, but God never changes.
It is amazing to me that the Creator God who can create anything and has created everything that exist thinks that we are valuable enough to be His prized possession! It is truly amazing.

Application

Help me make You smile today but the decisions and choices that I make!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, this is a busy week. I am reminded as I read James this morning that it isn't enough just to be readers of Your word, but I must actually put it into practice. Help me to do just that this week. Guide me through this week. Help me make You smile. Don't let me become weary in well doing. Give me strength this week to serve You with all of my heart. You are my Lord and my Savior. I look to You this week. May Your Hand continue to be on our church. I pray for people to be saved and I pray for new people to be drawn to our fellowship. May You be honored and glorified this week in what we do.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: