Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Be Strong In Your Faith

Isaiah 46; Isaiah 47; Isaiah 48; Isaiah 49; 1 Peter 5
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Be Strong In Your Faith

Scripture

1 Peter 5

6 So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. 7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. 8 Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. 9 Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith.

Observation

There are several important commands in this passage: humble yourselves under the mighty power of God; give all your worries and cares to God; stay alert; watch out for your great enemy, the devil; stand firm...

So how do we humble ourselves under the mighty power of God? I would suggest that a good start would be to open up His word everyday and talk with Him about everything. Then take all of our worries and concerns to Him and not try to handle our problems by ourselves.

There is also a warning in this passage to stay alert because the devil is out to destroy us. And there is a command to stand firm in our faith!

Application

I recognize today that God is Sovereign and I humble myself under His might power. I will give Him all of my worries and cares. I will stay alert and watch out for the devil and I will stand firm in my faith.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are my Sovereign Lord. There is no one like You. I recognize that I need Your help and I can't handle my problems and my circumstances on my own. Keep me alert today and help me to stand firm in my faith so I will not be tricked by the evil one. You alone are God. You alone are worthy of my praise. I will put all my worries and all my cares in Your hands today because I know that You care for me.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: