Friday, July 01, 2011

Meeting Needs … How Do We Know When To Help?

Isaiah 1; Isaiah 2; Isaiah 3; Titus 3
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Meeting Needs … How Do We Know When To Help?

Scripture

Titus 3

14 Our people must learn to do good by meeting the urgent needs of others; then they will not be unproductive.

Observation

In context the Apostle Paul was telling Titus that the church needed to help meet the financial needs of two traveling evangelists: Zenas the lawyer and Apollos.
If you read this passage you might think that you are to help everybody that comes to you with a need, but Paul was talking about helping people further the kingdom of God. Helping those that had given everything to serve the Lord to go out to share Christ, that is what Paul is talking about.

There are times when we should help folks that are asking for help, but especially if it folks that are living out their faith as missionaries or folks in full time Christian service. If unbelievers are asking for a hand out I think you really must be led by the Holy Spirit as to whether to help them or not. It is impossible to help every pan handler on every corner or every homeless person that asks for help.

Application

I will look at how much and how to help those that are serving the Lord financially.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that this world is not my home and that the Kingdom of God is what I need to think about. Help me help those who are committed to extending Your Kingdom. I pray for my missionary friends as they serve and sacrifice. I pray for Don and Edith as they deal with health issues. I pray that You heal them completely and allow them to continue to serve You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: