Friday, July 29, 2011

Why God Doesn't Bring Judgment Right Now...

Isaiah 57; Isaiah 58; Isaiah 59; Psalm 103; 2 Peter 3
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Why God Doesn't Bring Judgment Right Now...

Scripture

2 Peter 3

8 But you must not forget this one thing, dear friends: A day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day. 9 The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.

15 And remember, the Lord’s patience gives people time to be saved.

Observation

The only reason that God doesn't judge this world and everything in it is because of His patience. He is still waiting for you and me to reach those around us with the Gospel. If you are not a Christian then He is waiting giving you a chance to become a Christian. One day soon though our time will be up and He will come and He will come in judgment.

I am so glad that my sins have been forgiven. How about yours? I read this morning in Psalm 103 that He has forgiven my sins as far as the east is from the west. Do you understand what this verse is saying? When God forgives our sins they are totally gone! I have been totally forgiven … how about you?

God is patiently waiting for us to reach this world with His Gospel. It is so important that we focus on the remaining people that have never heard. We must focus on the folks that do not have access to God's Word. Are you willing to do that?

Application

I will look for opportunities to share the Gospel today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for those that I talk to every week at Mission Tampa. They hear the Gospel every month but most of them are blinded to the Truth. I pray that as we share with them that their spiritual minds and their spiritual hearts will be able to understand your Truth. I pray for their salvation. Help me to be patient with them. Give me boldness. Give me Your heart for them and give me Your patience as I share with them. I pray for people to be saved this week as we gather for worship.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: