Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Consider It A Sheer Gift, Friends, When Tests And Challenges Come At You From All Sides


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Isaiah 29; Isaiah 30; Isaiah 31; James 1

Consider It A Sheer Gift,

Friends, When Tests And Challenges 

Come At You From All Sides

Scripture

James 1 

2-4  Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.

Observation

Slow recovery … I have heard that from two different families this week who are dealing with life after surgery.  I look back and I think about how slow my recovery has been from my heart attack, I wouldn’t trade most of the experiences for anything … well there are a few things I experienced along the way that I really could have done without!

When we go through these tests and challenges it is true that our “faith-life” is forced in the open. Do you want to see what you are really like – just get clobbered by a lot of trials and troubles – then people will see the real you!

I am not proud of how I responded during some of God’s tests and challenges as I recovered from my heart attack. But…

I am very proud of Kathy because when she was under pressure during the time of my sickness her “faith-life” glowed like the sun!  I am so glad that God brought her into my life!

Application

I will consider it a sheer gift, when tests and challenges come at me from all sides. 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me be able to remember this passage when I experience my next test and next challenge. Help me to consider it as a gift!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: