Sunday, July 22, 2012

You Were Bought With The Precious Blood Of Christ Death … The Sinless, Spotless Sacrificial Lamb


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Isaiah 36; Isaiah 37; Psalm 76; 1 Peter 1

You Were Bought

With The Precious Blood Of Christ Death

… The Sinless, Spotless Sacrificial Lamb

Scripture

1 Peter 1

18 For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And the ransom he paid was not mere gold or silver. 19 It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God. (NLT)

19 You were bought with the precious blood of Christ’s death. He was a pure and perfect sacrificial Lamb. (Easy To Read Version)

Observation

Our lives have been bought with the precious blood of Christ. He was (and is) the sinless, spotless, perfect sacrificial Lamb of God. Our lives before Christ were empty. I remember how my life was before Christ. Do you?

 I am so glad that God chose to save me from a life that was heading for destruction. Kathy and I had been married for one year when I gave my life to Christ. If Christ had not saved me there is no telling how my life would have ended up but I am confident that it would have been a mess. 

He saved me from an empty life a life with no real meaning or purpose. So many people choose an empty life over an abundant life – a life full of purpose and meaning. I don’t get it!

I look forward to church today. I look forward to seeing my brothers and sisters in Christ and I look forward to seeing how many people God saves today from their empty lives. 

This is the day that the Lord has made we will rejoice and be glad in it!

 Application

I will focus my attention on every person that God brings my way today especially those that are attending our church for the first time.   

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to please You with the wonderful life You have given me. Thank You for my salvation. I pray that many people will leave their empty lives behind and follow Jesus! Work through Larry Chadwell today as he preaches Your word. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: