Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Thank The Lord For His Faithful Love And For The Amazing Things He Does For People.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Isaiah 63; Isaiah 64; Psalm 107; John 2

Thank The Lord

For His Faithful Love

And For The Amazing Things He Does For People.

Scripture

Psalm 107

8 Thank the LORD for his faithful love
    and for the amazing things he does for people.


Observation

I do want to thank the Lord for letting me continue to live here on this earth. Knowing that last Friday would probably have been my last if I hadn’t of had a defibrillator implanted in my body the month before. It is pretty overwhelming. 

I collapsed without a warning. I was unconscious in a split second and if I had not had the defibrillator I would have been dead in a couple of minutes. The doctor said that my heart was pumping “0” blood to my brain when I went unconscious. When I went unconscious the defibrillator did its job and shocked me back to life. It made my heart start beating in rhythm and start pumping again!

God does amazing things for people!

My heart doctor says that I have been lucky now 2 times, but I realize that it is the Lord who saved me. He saved me when I had my heart attack and He saved me again last Friday. I know that one day He won’t save me like He has done twice already. One day He will take me home to Heaven. 

So Kathy and I talked about our lives again yesterday and we both agree that our lives are very short and fragile and we need to take advantage of each and every day. What I experienced last Friday was a powerful reminder that my life is like a vapor. 

Do I also need to remind you that your life is just like mine – very, very short!  

Application

I will thank the Lord for the amazing things that He has done for me!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are amazing! There is not anything too hard for You! I have died several times now and have been at the point of death several times but each time You have brought me back from the pit of death. One day You will take me home to be with You in Heaven and I look forward to that day. But I will enjoy the extra time that You have given me here on this earth right now. It is my desire to bring You honor and glory with the way I live. Help me to do just that. Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: