Monday, July 09, 2012

We Have This Confidence As A Sure And Strong Anchor For Our Lives…


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Micah 1; Micah 2; Micah 3; Micah 4; Hebrews 6

We Have This Confidence

As A Sure And

Strong Anchor For Our Lives

Scripture

Hebrews 6 

 


19 “We have this confidence as a sure and strong anchor for our lives. …”



Observation

Last week we were at the beach for our annual family beach reunion with all of Kathy’s family and friends. While we were there I spent a good deal of time out in my kayak trying to (unsuccessfully) catch “Walter”! It is the big fish that every year I am determined to catch and every year he goes uncaught!

The weather was beautiful and there was not much wind to fight as I went out in my kayak, but the current was strong just from the tide coming in or going out. There was no way to stay in the same area for very long because the tide was always moving me in one direction or the other. When I saw a lot of fish on my nifty little depth/fish finder (that one of my son’s bought me) I would quickly drop my anchor to keep me over the rocks and over the fish! My anchor would keep me in place!

God’s Word and the trustworthiness of His Name provides us hope, it gives us confidence. It is a sure and strong anchor for our souls! It can keep us steady and focused when things around us seem out of our control. 

The Bible is filled with God’s promises to us. There is a reason for that you know. God wants us to feel secure. He wants us to depend on Him. He wants to be our Rock. He wants to be our anchor. He wants to be our Refuge, our hiding place. When the storms of life come He does not want us tossed around without hope. He wants to be our sure and strong anchor!  

Application

I will trust in the Lord. He is my anchor.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your Word. Thank You for all of Your promises. I can trust You. You are the anchor for my soul. Today I will hold on to all of Your promises. I will trust You to lead and guide me. I put my trust and my confidence in You. 


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: