Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Do You Have The Gift Of Helping Others? Do It With All The Strength And Energy That God Supplies.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Isaiah 43; Isaiah 44; Isaiah 45; 1 Peter 4

Do You Have 

The Gift Of Helping Others?

Do It With All The Strength And Energy That God Supplies.

Scripture

1 Peter 4

10 God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another. 11 Do you have the gift of speaking? Then speak as though God himself were speaking through you. Do you have the gift of helping others? Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.

Observation

What do you think your spiritual gift is? If you are a Christ Follower then you have at least one spiritual gift. My spiritual gift is probably helping others. I want to say that it is preaching, teaching, or encouraging others, but I do all that in order to serve them.

I have been blown away this week by the servant hearts of two guys that have been helping me install a hot water heater for a needy lady in our church. Yesterday, these two guys were working in the rain with lightening cracking all around, with water pouring off the eave of roof and drenching them as they were halfway under her house making the pipe connections for the hot water heater.

We had the water turned off in her house before it started raining and it had been off already for a few hours before it started to rain. So we couldn’t just come back after the rain stopped. We couldn’t just leave her without her having running water in her house.

These guys were doing this just because they wanted to help. They were doing it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. 

Application

I want to use my spiritual gift to serve people with all the energy and strength that God supplies.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, give me Your heart for people. Give me energy and strength to serve them with all my heart. Thank You for my two friends that helped me yesterday. Thank You for their example. I am proud of them. I know that You are too. Bless them for taking the time to help someone else.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: