Friday, July 13, 2012

Let Us Hold Tightly Without Wavering To The Hope We Affirm, For God Can Be Trusted To Keep His Promise!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!
Isaiah 15; Isaiah 16; Isaiah 17; Isaiah 18; Hebrews 10

Let Us Hold Tightly Without Wavering To The Hope

We Affirm, For God

Can Be Trusted To Keep His Promise!

Scripture

Hebrews 10

23 Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise. 24 Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. 25 And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near. 

Observation

There are times when we need to be reminded that God can be trusted to keep His promise. It is so easy to forget that God is totally trustworthy. When troubles come it is easy to pull away from church, from Christians, and from God Himself. We tend to distance ourselves from our only help and act like that out in the world we are going to find solutions! Crazy! Crazy! Crazy!

I talked to someone this week that hasn’t been to church in probably two months. He comes in to talk to me and begins the conversation with, “well the reason that I haven’t been to church is because I am frustrated and upset.”

I couldn’t help it – I let him have it! You are going to blame the church because you haven’t been attending church and you haven’t been serving the Lord. I don’t think you want to go there, but he tried. I exhorted him loudly. He has been a Christian for years and his behavior is still that of a two year old.  

Application


I will think of ways to motivate people to acts of love and good works.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help us grow in the faith. Give us the courage to encourage one another. Show me how I can motivate people to acts of love and good works. Help me be an example to people of someone that shows acts of love and does good works. Thank You that I can trust You and thank You for keeping all of Your promises. 

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: