Friday, August 25, 2006

Face to Face!

Jeremiah 37; Jeremiah 38; Jeremiah 39; Psalm 79; 2 John 1

Scripture

2 John 1:12 “I have much to write to you, but I do not want to use paper and ink. Instead, I hope to visit you and talk with you face to face, so that our joy may be complete.”

Observation

Email is great, blogs are fun, letters are good, telephone calls are ok, but sometimes there is nothing better than talking to someone face to face! Some things just can’t be expressed correctly unless you are face to face. When you communicate face to face the person gets to see your body language and you get to see theirs! It is easier to communicate clearly when you talk face to face. Especially when what you are sharing is going to bring JOY!

Application

I meet with some guys every Thursday for breakfast and I meet with some pastors every Wednesday for lunch. It is great to talk to these guys face to face. I have some other folks that I need to meet with this week and a phone call just won’t do.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I look forward to the day when I can talk to you face to face!



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

3 comments:

Paulette said...

Hey Eddy,
I enjoyed reading back pretty far in your blog. I also think it is neat that you have a group of guys that you can fellowship with and be lifted up in Christ. I pray for you as well, and your ministry at our beloved Spencer, actually Tampa Baptist.
Love ya,

Eddy Williams said...

Paulette,

What a neat surprise! We are going to miss being in Texas this weekend.

Glad to read about how court went!

Thanks for praying for us. We will keep praying for you guys too!

Eddy

Paulette said...

Hey hey, I came for my second morning devotional and it isnt up yet lol. Ill check back. I am off to Carolyn Clevelands mothers funeral this morning, and it is violently storming, first time in months that we have gotten rain so I am sure not complaing at all.
Have a great day Pastor!