Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Do You Believe This?

Jeremiah 3; Jeremiah 4; John 11

Scripture


John 11:25 “Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; 26and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

Observation

The question at the end of verse 26 is one of the most important four word questions that we could ever be asked! “Do you believe this”? Do you believe that Jesus Christ can save you and give you eternal life? Do you believe He can? Do you believe this? Martha and Mary both thought that if Jesus had been there before Lazarus had died that Jesus could have healed him. They knew that Jesus worked miracles. But to bring a dead brother back to life after being dead for 3 days could they believe that? Jesus wanted to show that He has power over death and decay, and that nothing is too hard for him. I would have liked to be there when he called Lazarus by name and told him to come out! Wow! One day that very same thing will happen to us! We will be resurrected and given a new body!

Application

I need to share my faith. I need to ask the question, “Do you believe this”?


Prayer

Father, help me share my faith. Help me to ask penetrating questions like Jesus did to Martha and Mary. Give me the faith I need to serve you today with my whole heart!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!




No comments: