Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Extravagant Love!

Jeremiah 28; Jeremiah 29; Jeremiah 30; 1 John 3

Scripture

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

1 John 3:1 “How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.”

Observation

These two passages were just too good to pass up so I have to write about both of them. Jeremiah’s words to the remnant of Israel and John’s words in I John reflect God’s heart for us. God has plans for us. Plans so great that they are beyond our comprehension! In I John the Apostle John says that God lavishes his love on us. In our small group Bible study that we had last night we learned that it is the Prodigal Father rather than the Prodigal son in the parable found in Luke 15! God pours out His love on us. He is extravagant with His love.


Application

I want to share these two passages with someone this week that has the wrong idea about what God is like.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me find someone to share the Good News of your Wonderful Love. Thank you for being so extravagant with your Love, with your Mercy, with your Grace. Thank you that I can be called a child of God.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pastor Eddy, Every morning when I wake up Michelle I say "Good morning child of God!" Ever since I learned that's what we are I have tried to remind her every day! It's a wonderful feeling to start the day off with. Thanks for reminding me how much I am loved. During the chaos of each day it is easy to forget.

Eddy Williams said...

Jessica,

I heard that your class has been well attended on Wednesday evenings.

When we get a chance lets talk about it!

Eddy