Monday, August 14, 2006

Trouble, Trouble, Trouble, with Peace!

Jeremiah 16; Jeremiah 17; Psalm 96; John 16

Scripture


John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Observation

Jesus is getting ready to go to the cross to die in our place. He is telling his disciples that even though they would be left to live in a world filled with trouble, he would give them peace. He would provide peace right in the middle of trouble. Life is tough! Life is full of trouble! I am glad that Jesus can give us a perfect peace in spite of all of our problems!

Application

Over and over again in John 14 - 16 Jesus says that he is leaving a Comforter (the Holy Spirit) so that we could have joy and peace in the midst of life’s difficulties. We need to place our faith and trust in Him.


Prayer

Father, help me to put my complete faith and trust in your Word. I won’t to experience your peace and your joy in the midst of all my problems and struggles. Thank you for telling me that I can ask anything in your Name and you will provide it. You are a Mighty Provider!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pastor Eddy, I have been reading your blogs for a while now and they truly are helpful. I read a quick devotional in the morning at home but when I arrive here at work is when I really need the positivity that the Word brings. Thank you for one more way you enrich my life!! In Christ, Jessica Farina

Eddy Williams said...

Jessica,

I am glad! May God richly bless you this week!

Eddy