Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Invite God to Join Us in Our Circumstances!


Ezekiel 4; Ezekiel 5; Ezekiel 6; Ezekiel 7; Revelation 3

Scripture

Rev. 3:20 “Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.”

Observation

Our small group is doing a four-week Bible study called, “The Way of the Worshiper”. Buddy Owens, one of the pastors at Saddleback Church is leading the study via a DVD presentation. He says that worship is when we ascribe value to God. How much do you value God? He suggests that we need to invite God into our circumstances. Are you in a crisis? Buddy Owens says, “Just worship God in your crisis”. We should live ours lives as an act of worship!

Application

I want to worship God 24/7. Not just on Sunday and not just during my devotional time or my quiet time I want it to be all day and all night!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me be able to worship you no matter what. Don’t let me lose sight of you. I want my life to be an act of worship. I want to make you smile.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

5 comments:

Paulette said...

Hello Eddy, this is a great post. I love to hear things on worship.
I have learned alot about true worship in Christ, even through music. Music in ministry is a whole other added experience to a worship service now for me.
We are in the process of visiting other churches in the mansfield area. I feel like God may be leading in that direction. Sunday we are visiting First Baptist Arlington, Millie told me that Kathys cousin is the pastors wife there!!! I was shocked. They have alot to offer so we are visiting there Sunday.
I will be praying for you as you go to Cuba. I know you go every year.I marked it on my calendar.
There are some days I just want to hop on a plane and come to Florida and visit ya'll. I may do that one day. I love you and kathy deeply.
In His Grip

Anonymous said...

Pastor Eddy, This message really hits home in my heart. I am trying so hard to be about God all day, every waking breath. But what a struggle it is, at times, especially at work. I want people to see Jesus in me. I want to do the right thing all the time. I want to be happy and joyful and praising God all the time. And like Paulette said, I use Christian music quite often to accent my worship time. I love music. Thanks again Eddy for allowing me to speak Sunday. I pray that you are not receiving negative feedback and I pray that God is working miracles in the lives of other members the way he did for me!!! In Christ, Jess

Eddy Williams said...

Paulette,

You are not thinking about leaving South Cliff?

First Baptist Arlington is a huge church. Mission Arlington is a ministry of that church. Kathy's cousin Cindy is the pastor's wife. Dennis Wiles is the pastor. They are a great couple! Millie and Dennis both came to help us when we were working in Spain. They were part of a mission team that was made up of several churches.

Psalm 89:15 is an awesome verse on worship! Read it in the NIV.

Love,

Eddy

Eddy Williams said...

Jessica,

I am very proud of you and everyone in Celebrate Recovery! It was an awesome worship service Sunday! You are growing so much! You did a very good job sharing your testimony. Thanks for being brave enough to share.

Eddy

Laura said...

amen!