Thursday, August 10, 2006

Light, Love, Life

Jeremiah 10; Jeremiah 11; Jeremiah 12; John 14

John 12, 13, 14


Scripture

John 12:35 “Then Jesus told them, "You are going to have the light just a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, before darkness overtakes you. The man who walks in the dark does not know where he is going. 36 Put your trust in the light while you have it, so that you may become sons of light."


John 13:34" A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

John 14:6 “Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”


Observation

In Chapter 12 Jesus says that He is Light. He said that we should become sons of light. He wants that light spread out all over Tampa, because we live in a dark place! In Chapter 13 He commands us to love one another and those people that live in darkness will know that we are his disciples because of our love for one another! The Jesus sums it all up in Chapter 14 by declaring that He is the only way to God the Father. He is eternal life.


Application


I need to realize that the world is watching me. They will know if I am a disciple of Jesus Christ by the love I show other Christians! Wow!

Prayer

Father, help me to be the light to the world around me. Help me to love others deeply. Help me to express that love in such a way that it brings people to a saving knowledge of you. You are wonderful.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: