Saturday, August 19, 2006

What About Them?

Jeremiah 45; Jeremiah 46; Jeremiah 47; Psalm 105; John 21

Scripture

John 21:20 “Peter turned around and saw the disciple Jesus loved following them--the one who had leaned over to Jesus during supper and asked, "Lord, who among us will betray you?" 21Peter asked Jesus, "What about him, Lord?"

Observation

Isn’t it human nature that when God begins to speak to us about doing something we begin to look to see what the folks around us are doing! Peter was just asked 3 times, Peter, do you love me? Peter, do you love me? Peter, do you love me? Peter finally responded, “Lord you know that I love you”. Then after Peter was told by Jesus, “Follow Me” Peter asked Jesus, “Well what about him Lord”. Jesus told Peter, “Don’t worry about him, you “Follow Me”.

Application

I can’t worry about what other people are doing or not doing. God has called me to do certain things and I don’t need to fret over what others are not doing. I need to concentrate on what God has told me to do.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me be obedient to what you tell me to do. It doesn’t matter how many other people are there to help. Help me to be faithful to you. Help me serve and try to please an audience of One! I love you.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: