Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Ah, Sovereign LORD!


Jeremiah 1; Jeremiah 2; John 10

Scripture

Jeremiah 1:5-6 The word of the LORD came to me, saying, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." “Ah, Sovereign LORD," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am only a child."

John 10:28 “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.”



Observation

God is Sovereign! He rules! He is in control. His plan for your life and my life started before the earth was created! God told Jeremiah that before Jeremiah’s mother even thought of having a baby God had already mapped out Jeremiah’s future. In John 10:28, Jesus says that He gives His sheep eternal life and they shall never perish. They are completely safe in His Father’s hand.


Application

God knew me before I ever existed. I existed in the mind and heart of God before the creation of the earth! He is Sovereign! He is in control. He knows every need that I have and He can take care of every problem that comes my way!

Prayer

Lord, you are Awesome! Thank you for including me in you master plan for planet earth! Thank you that I am safe in your hand! Thank you for eternal life. Help me to know and to fulfill your plan and purpose for my life!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: