Thursday, January 25, 2007

Covered by His Blood!

Exodus 12; Exodus 13; Psalm 21; Acts 1

Scripture

Exodus 12:13 The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are; and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt.

Observation

The last plague that God had prepared for the Egyptian people was the killing of the first-born. Any household that did not have blood sprinkled on the door post in obedience to what God had told them to do would suffer the death of their first born. The Lord would pass over the home and not kill the first born if the blood had been applied to the door. It is the same today. We that have placed our faith and trust in what Christ did on the cross are covered in His blood. Our sins have been paid for by His sacrifice on the cross. His blood covers our sins.


Application

When God looks at me today He sees me through the sacrifice of His Son and because of the blood of Christ I am His child. My sins past, present and future are covered by the blood of Christ.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you that I don’t have to depend on living a sinless life to earn my salvation. Thank you that my sins are covered by the blood sacrifice of your Son. Help others see that salvation can’t be earned, or maintained by our good works. Help me to live today for You and serve You with all my heart.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: