Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I See It in Your Face!

Exodus 25; Exodus 26; Exodus 27; Acts 6

Scripture

Acts 6:8-15

8 Now Stephen, a man full of God's grace and power, did great wonders and miraculous signs among the people. 9 Opposition arose, however, from members of the Synagogue of the Freedmen (as it was called)—Jews of Cyrene and Alexandria as well as the provinces of Cilicia and Asia. These men began to argue with Stephen, 10 but they could not stand up against his wisdom or the Spirit by whom he spoke.
11 Then they secretly persuaded some men to say, "We have heard Stephen speak words of blasphemy against Moses and against God."
12 So they stirred up the people and the elders and the teachers of the law. They seized Stephen and brought him before the Sanhedrin. 13 They produced false witnesses, who testified, "This fellow never stops speaking against this holy place and against the law. 14 For we have heard him say that this Jesus of Nazareth will destroy this place and change the customs Moses handed down to us."
15 All who were sitting in the Sanhedrin looked intently at Stephen, and they saw that his face was like the face of an angel.

Observation

How easy is it to read your face? Is your face a dead giveaway to the condition of your heart? As Stephen stood before the Sanhedrin facing charges of blasphemy and almost certain death his face was like the face of an angel. Amazing isn’t it? When you squeeze a lemon you get lemon juice, but when you squeeze or put under pressure a Christian you should get a reflection of Heaven in his or her face. Do we have a countenance today like Stephen or like a lemon?


Application

I will not give in to the tendency of whining and complaining today. No matter what happens today I want to be able to have the countenance of Stephen.



Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to live above my circumstances today. Help me to focus on you just like Stephen did. May my countenance reflect my relationship with you. You are my Strength. You are my Rock. You are my Help when I am in trouble. Thank you for saving me.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: