Monday, January 22, 2007

Lord, Please Let Me Sit This One Out!

Exodus 3; Exodus 4; Exodus 5; Luke 22

Scripture

Exodus 4: 13 But Moses said, "O Lord, please send someone else to do it."

Observation

Moses is telling the Lord, thanks Lord for thinking about me, but could you send someone else. I would rather sit this one out! Sometimes I think the same thing about my ministry. Lord, I appreciate you allowing me to be a pastor, but I am sure that you can find someone that can do this job a lot better than me. I know how Moses felt.

Maybe you feel the same way about your situation right now. Maybe you are saying, Lord, I am not doing such a good job as a Dad or Mom right now, or maybe your not feeling adequate as a Grandpa or Grandma, or as a Church Leader, or as a Boss, or as a Friend then let me encourage you to take heart! Look at what God did with Moses! Why was it possible? It was possible because Moses realized that he could not do what God was asking him to do and he had to completely rely on God’s power to accomplish the task! Moses was the most humble man that has ever lived and that is also why God could use him so successfully.


Application

God said to Moses, “What is that in your hand”? Moses replied, “It is a staff”. God said, “throw it down.” It became a snake! God is asking of you and me today, “What is in your hand”? When we give what we have to God then He is able to work miracles through us! What is in your hand? Give it to God!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, today I give you my life. Everything I have is yours. Nothing I have is more important than you. If it is then I ask you to take it away. Bless our people Lord. Empower them to work miracles in the lives of the people around them. And Lord, thank you for helping Tony Dungy to win and make it to the Super Bowl. May he bring you much Glory!



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I was praying to God that he would allow The Colts to win that game last night!! I couldn't help but pray that God would do that just to allow Himself to use Tony Dungy to Reach Millions through him. What an Wonderful testament the Owner and Headcoad both are to that team!!

I am very excited for the Colts! I am excited about what this can do to bring people to Christ through the message they can bring!!!

Beth

Eddy Williams said...

Absolutely 100% in agreement with you about the Colts!