Sunday, January 07, 2007

Faith So Amazing!

Genesis 18; Genesis 19; Psalm 3; Luke 7

Scripture

The Faith of the Centurion

Luke 7:1-10 "When Jesus had finished saying all this in the hearing of the people, he entered Capernaum. 2 There a centurion's servant, whom his master valued highly, was sick and about to die. 3 The centurion heard of Jesus and sent some elders of the Jews to him, asking him to come and heal his servant. 4 When they came to Jesus, they pleaded earnestly with him, "This man deserves to have you do this, 5 because he loves our nation and has built our synagogue." 6 So Jesus went with them.
He was not far from the house when the centurion sent friends to say to him: "Lord, don't trouble yourself, for I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. 7 That is why I did not even consider myself worthy to come to you. But say the word, and my servant will be healed. 8 For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it."
9 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed at him, and turning to the crowd following him, he said, "I tell you, I have not found such great faith even in Israel." 10 Then the men who had been sent returned to the house and found the servant well."

Luke 7:50 Jesus said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace."

Observation

Amazing!
Can you imagine having so much faith that it amazes God Himself? Every time I read about the Centurion’s faith I am challenged to have that same kind of faith! To think that it is possible to amaze God by our trust in His Him, that truly is amazing! Later in the same chapter we have a sinful woman that washes Jesus feet with her hair and her tears and Jesus acknowledges that her faith has saved her! It was not the good work that she did to Jesus, it was her faith and trust in Him that saved her.


Application

Today, there are plenty of areas in my life and ministry for me to exercise the Centurion’s kind of faith. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to have the kind of faith that amazes you. Nothing is too hard for you! I know that you are constantly at work in the lives around me and as I pray for people you hear my prayers and you are answering my request on their behalf. Help me to ask BIG!



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: