Monday, January 08, 2007

Just Believe!

Genesis 20; Genesis 21; Genesis 22; Luke 8

Scripture

Luke 8:50 …"Don't be afraid; just believe

Observation

Luke 8:49 “While Jesus was still speaking, someone came from the house of Jairus, the synagogue ruler. "Your daughter is dead," he said. "Don't bother the teacher any more."
50Hearing this, Jesus said to Jairus, "Don't be afraid; just believe, and she will be healed."
The situation was impossible; Jairus had just been told that his daughter was dead. In our impossible situations we need to take the words Jesus to heart, “Don’t be afraid; just believe.” Fear is the opposite of faith. It is something that we all deal with everyday.

Application

When fear rises up in our hearts we need to go to the word of God and trust in all of God’s promises. Verses that you have memorized will help during times of fear and reading God’s Word will help those fears go away. The command of Jesus is “Don’t be afraid; just believe.”


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me trust in Your Word. Help me not to be afraid. Help me be the man of faith that I know you want me to be. Thank you for being my Rock, my Fortress, and my Deliverer.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: