Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Desperately Wicked!

Genesis 6; Genesis 7; Genesis 8; Luke 3

Scripture

Genesis 8:20 “Then Noah built an altar to the LORD and, taking some of all the clean animals and clean birds, he sacrificed burnt offerings on it. 21 The LORD smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: "Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.”
Observation

Jeremiah 17:9 "The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?

It is always good to remember that the inclination of our hearts is evil! You and I are capable of some very terrible things and if we don’t let the Lord rule in our lives then we will live out those evil inclinations! Noah walked with God and He found favor with God. He was different than all the other men in the world at that time.


Application

Since my heart is desperately wicked and deceitful above all things I need to make sure that I am keeping my heart clean and my sins confessed everyday!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, guard my heart. Help me not to yield to the temptations that come into my life. Give me strength to hear and obey your voice today! Help our people to stay close to you and give them the strength that they need to walk in victory today!



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: