Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Do What?

Genesis 42; Genesis 43; Psalm 5; Luke 17

Scripture

Luke 17:3 So watch yourselves. "If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him. 4 f he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times comes back to you and says, 'I repent,' forgive him." 5 The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!"


Observation

Can you imagine having someone do something bad to you seven times in one day, but then coming back each time and asking for forgiveness? It would be even harder to imagine being able to forgive someone seven times in one day wouldn’t it? I think after the third or fourth time we would have become so angry that it would have been impossible to forgive the person. Jesus is making a point that forgiveness is only possible as we let Christ live through us. The disciples exclaimed after hearing what Jesus said, “Increase our faith!” We need to ask him to do the same thing in our lives. Relationships are impossible sometimes and it is only by the Lord’s strength that we are able to continue to love and continue to forgive.


Application

Who really is getting under your skin these days? Who really needs your forgiveness? Ask God to increase your faith to be able to love them without limit!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to forgive. Help me pray for those in my life that have become spiritual sandpaper for me. Make my heart soft and forgiving. Help me to be sensitive to the people around me today.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: