Thursday, January 11, 2007

So Do You Want to Be Blessed?

Genesis 27; Genesis 28; Psalm 4; Luke 11

Scripture


Luke 11:28 He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

Observation

Do you want God to bless you? Do you want to know how to get God’s Blessing? It is easy! It is wrapped up in one small word, “OBEY”.


Application

When I have been the most miserable in my Christian pilgrimage has been when I have decided to be disobedient. Obedience is the key to a blessed life. Obedience needs to start before we get out of the bed each morning. Before we put our feet on the floor each morning before we get out of bed we need to let our Heavenly Father know that it is our hearts desire to walk with Him in obedience. The prayer of our hearts should be, “Lord, I want to live for you today.”



Prayer

Heavenly Father, today I want to live for you. I want to please you with my obedience. I want your blessing on my life and I want that blessing to impact the people around me. You are Wonderful and worthy to be praised!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Eddy,

I was very obediant today!!! I feel soooo good!!! I had an opportunity placed in front of me that was kind of hidden, but I heard God telling me to make a phone call and I did!

Turns out, this woman really needed me to call! I talked to her for quite a while and she will ultimately be at church on Sunday and quite possibly CR. She has been looking for a church for her kids that has good programs to offer them and something to offer her as well!

I got the opportunity to share some testimony with her and shall be seeing her sunday at 8:45 am. Giving her and the kids a tour before "Praise Team" practice.

Going to show them Kid City introduce them to Laurel and Cheryl and Teresa. Show Mom where the Sunday School Class is in the Activities Room. (We need a Single Parent's Class)!!

She has 4 kids, hopefully all 4 will be there on Sunday!! That is what I am praying for.

God is Wonderful!!!

Eddy Williams said...

Beth,

Well Done!

Eddy