Saturday, January 06, 2007

Bless & Pray for Your Enemies?

Genesis 15; Genesis 16; Genesis 17; Luke 6

Scripture

Luke 6:27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30 Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others, as you would have them do to you.

Observation

Luke 6 is not the American way. The American way of treating your enemies is to retaliate and get even. Jesus says to do just the opposite. What He is asking us to do is impossible unless we turn our enemies over to Him. Everyone has enemies, sometimes they are family members, coworkers, neighbors, fellow church members, but everyone has enemies. People that do you harm are enemies.



Application

I will pray for my enemies and ask God to bless them.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for Luke 6 and now I just ask You for the strength to be able to do what you are asking me to do. Help me to pray for those that oppose me, those that have said unfair things about me, and those that would love to see me fail. Help me to love them, pray for them, and Heavenly Father please bless them.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: