Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Don’t be the “Lone Ranger”!

Proverbs 13; Proverbs 14; Proverbs 15; Romans 11
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Proverbs 15

22 “Plans fail for lack of counsel,
but with many advisers they succeed.”


Observation

Getting advice before implementing a plan of action is very important. In our church we have some very wise people and I go to them to get their opinions. I am amazed at how smart (wise) they are. I meet with a group of pastors every Wednesday for prayer and fellowship and during this time we bounce ideas around about our ministries. God has used this time together to keep me from making some dumb mistakes as I listened to their counsel. My associate pastor, Rapley Armstrong (soon to be 80 years old on September 11th) is very wise. Yesterday in staff meeting I listened as he shared and gave several staff members very good counsel in their areas of ministry. He is a very wise man.


Application

Plans…if they are important enough to try to implement then it is crucial that you get Godly counsel before launching them.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for the wise people that you have placed around me. Please continue to guide me. Give me your ideas for our church and for my family and the wisdom to carry them out. Thank you for your Holy Spirit that works in and through me today to bring you Glory.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: