Friday, May 04, 2007

Who is Going to be in Heaven?

2 Samuel 8; 2 Samuel 9; 1 Chronicles 18; 1 Chronicles 19; Matthew 21
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Parable of the Two Sons

Matthew 21

28 “But what do you think about this? A man with two sons told the older boy, ‘Son, go out and work in the vineyard today.’ 29 The son answered, ‘No, I won’t go,’ but later he changed his mind and went anyway. 30 Then the father told the other son, ‘You go,’ and he said, ‘Yes, sir, I will.’ But he didn’t go.
31 “Which of the two obeyed his father?”
They replied, “The first.”
Then Jesus explained his meaning: “I tell you the truth, corrupt tax collectors and prostitutes will get into the Kingdom of God before you do. 32 For John the Baptist came and showed you the right way to live, but you didn’t believe him, while tax collectors and prostitutes did. And even when you saw this happening, you refused to believe him and repent of your sins.



Observation

I am sure that we are going to be surprised when we get to Heaven at the people we see and the people we don’t see! It all has to do with that very important word used in the Bible, “REPENT”. The word means to turn, to change direction. In the Bible it means to turn from sin and self and turn to God. Unless you and I have done that we aren’t going to Heaven and all the corrupt politicians and all prostitutes that have repented will be in Heaven enjoying it while we pass eternity in Hell!


Application

I have turned from sin and self and I have turned to God. Now I need to help others understand that they need to do the same thing.



Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for changing my heart and giving me a new heart that is fixed on you. Thank you for working in my life and saving me. Help me lead others to understand the need to repent and follow you. Bring people into my life that need to hear the Good News.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: