Wednesday, May 16, 2007

If you will…Then God will…!

1 Kings 1; 1 Chronicles 28; Psalm 91; 1 Thessalonians 5
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading



Scripture

Psalm 91


9 If you make the Most High your dwelling—
even the LORD, who is my refuge-

10 then no harm will befall you,
no disaster will come near your tent.

11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;

12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.

15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him
and show him my salvation."



Observation

I watch people around me get into so much trouble, they are experiencing so much self-inflicted pain, if they would just read and apply Psalm 91! If I would just remember to apply Psalm 91 daily what a difference it would make in my own life too. God says that “IF” you will just put me first then… you are under my protection.

There is no safer place to be than in the center of God’s will. Putting God first is a daily decision I have to say “no” to self and surrender my will to what God wants. Matthew 6:33, “But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be done unto you.”



Application

Have you practiced Psalm 91 today? Have you asked the Lord to be your refuge today? Why not talk to Him right now?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, you are my dwelling place. You are my refuge. Thank you that I am safely placed under your protection today. You are my God. I love you.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: