Monday, May 28, 2007

God’s Mercy…Not Our Good Works!

Proverbs 7; Proverbs 8; Proverbs 9; Romans 9
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Romans 9:16 It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy.

Observation

How many people do you run into every week that think that they are saved by their own efforts? A week doesn’t go by where I don’t find someone believing in their good works for their hope for salvation. In Romans nine Paul explains that salvation depends 100% on God and His Mercy and not anything good that we have done. I don’t understand why God chose to save me, but I am sure glad that He did. We don’t know who is going to be saved and who will remain lost, but God has commanded us to share the Good News of His wonderful plan with everyone.


Application

Our task as Christ-Followers is simply to share the Good News and watch God save those that respond! Who needs to hear about Jesus that lives near you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for my salvation. I don’t know why you chose me, but I am glad that you did. Help me share the Good News this week with anyone and everyone that comes across my path. Give me boldness and give me your love for people to be your witness.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: