Friday, May 11, 2007

Want to Get Away!

2 Samuel 19; 2 Samuel 20; Psalm 55; Matthew 28
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Psalm 55

1 LISTEN TO my prayer, O God, and hide not Yourself from my supplication!

2 Attend to me and answer me; I am restless and distraught in my complaint and must moan

3 [And I am distracted] at the noise of the enemy, because of the oppression and threats of the wicked; for they would cast trouble upon me, and in wrath they persecute me.

4 My heart is grievously pained within me, and the terrors of death have fallen upon me.

5 Fear and trembling have come upon me; horror and fright have overwhelmed me.

6 And I say, Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest.

7 Yes, I would wander far away, I would lodge in the wilderness. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!

8 I would hasten to escape and to find a shelter from the stormy wind and tempest.




Observation

Have you ever felt like just getting away?

Maybe you feel like that right now!

I think all of us do now and then. David was no different only he had a lot more to get away from. As I read about David in I and II Samuel and in the Psalms I realize that his life was extremely painful. Sometimes we only think about David the King who killed Goliath, or David the Psalm writer, but David spent most of his life on the run and the other part of his life killing enemies.

He spent more time in caves than in palaces, more time on the run than time spent running the kingdom! Most of his life was a sad, difficult existence, but he never quit coming back and getting things right with His God. Over and over again we see David crying out to God and God delivered him. David made some huge mistakes just like we do, but he realize that God was His fortress and his strength.

This is a wonderful verse that David writes after sharing that he had been betrayed by his closest friend,
Psalms 55:22 “Cast your burden on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be moved.”

Application

May I get away today and find my strength in God.



Prayer

Heavenly Father, today we are taking our granddaughters to the state park. Help me think about you as we enjoy our grandchildren and enjoy your creation. May you continue to be my rock. Thank you for taking care of my burdens and for sustaining me. Thank you for protecting my family me and from the evil one.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: