Friday, May 18, 2007

Integrity of Heart!

1 Kings 3; 2 Chronicles 1; Psalm 78; 2 Thessalonians 2
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Psalm 78

70 He chose David his servant
and took him from the sheep pens;
71 from tending the sheep he brought him
to be the shepherd of his people Jacob,
of Israel his inheritance.
72 And David shepherded them with integrity of heart;
with skillful hands he led them.

Observation

Integrity…one of the missing ingredients in many hearts today! Jeremiah 17:9 says, “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?” David shepherded Israel with integrity of heart with skillful hands he led them. I believe that the most important thing that could be said about me or about you is that we are and were people of integrity. Every day in the newspapers you and I can read of world leaders and prominent people and their lack of integrity from leaders of Enron even some of our former presidents, governors, and state senators or congressmen and sadly even some very popular pastors.

Application

We need to guard our hearts to be people of integrity and the way to do that is to practice Psalm 119:9,11 “How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.”



Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me lead with integrity of heart. Help me to have skillful hands to lead our congregation. Help my staff and our church leaders lead with integrity of heart.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: