Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Influencing Outsiders!

1 Chronicles 25; 1 Chronicles 26; 1 Chronicles 27; 1 Thessalonians 4
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

1 Thessalonians 4

11 Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, 12 so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.


Observation

Christians should have the reputation of being the hardest workers in the work place, but do we? Paul exhorts us to live our lives in such a way that it earns the respect of outsiders that are watching us. How we live our lives can influence someone that doesn’t know Christ. Paul calls someone that is not part of the Body of Christ, someone that is not a Christ-Follower, someone that is not a Christian, an “Outsider”. Evidently some of the Christians in the church of Thessalonica had quit working because they thought that Jesus Christ would return at any moment and they were being lazy and they were busy bodies. They were not being a positive influence on the “outsiders” around them.


Application

Do the work habits of my life help me win the respect of outsiders? What needs to change in my life to make my life a better witness?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, show me today what needs to change in my life to make me more of an influence to the “outsiders” I come in contact with everyday. Give me the desire to make those changes and help me think more about the people that do not yet know you. Help me to be an influence in someone’s life today.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: