Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Make Me a Kid at Heart!

1 Chronicles 16; Psalm 106; Matthew 19
Click Here To Read Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Jesus Blesses the Children

Matthew 19

13 One day some parents brought their children to Jesus so he could lay his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples scolded the parents for bothering him.
14 But Jesus said, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children.” 15 And he placed his hands on their heads and blessed them before he left.



Observation

Have you ever watched small children play? We were watching one of our granddaughters this past weekend while we were in Savannah for the funeral of Kathy’s sister. As we were watching her at the hotel’s pool she began to play with a little boy about her age (4). She made friends with the little boy immediately and when we decided to leave the pool she didn’t want to leave her new best friend. Jesus says that we need to have hearts like that of a child if we are going to be a part of the kingdom of Heaven. We need a heart that is trusting, sincere, pure, transparent, clean, open, and teachable; we need a heart like God’s.


Application

Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me.


Prayer


Heavenly Father, give me a pure heart, cleanse me and renew a right spirit within me. Give me a heart like that of a small child, a heart that is pleasing to you. Guide me today in my thoughts and my actions so that I may bring you glory.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: