Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Excitement in Sharing The Good News!

Leviticus 1; Leviticus 2; Leviticus 3; Acts 13
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Acts 13

46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles. 47 For this is what the Lord has commanded us:
"I have made you a light for the Gentiles,
that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth."

Observation

I am so glad that salvation was extended to the Gentiles since I am one! Now it is my job and your job if you are a Christ-Follower to keep extending the Good News to the ends of the earth. It is the reason why God leaves us here on earth and doesn’t just beam us up once we have accepted Christ. It is so easy to forget that this is our main purpose for living and the reason we tend to forget is because our lives are so busy doing the stuff of life. It is so easy to put on the back burner taking the Good News to the ends of the earth, being a light to the rest of the world, being a light to our neighbor, co-worker, to the person we know that is dealing with a terminal disease.

Application

Today I will get back on track and focus on being a light to those around me. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I sense the excitement in the lives of Paul and Barnabas and in those new Christ-followers surrounding them because they were fulfilling the Great Commission. Lord, direct my path today and help me share the Good News with someone. I pray for our missionary friends today that are working in difficult places. May they sense that same excitement today and help them be fruitful as they serve you. Help them to see people come to know you through their witness. Protect them from the evil one. Thank you that you are constantly working in the lives of the people I love to bring them into a personal relationship with yourself. Thank you that you don’t grow tired and weary with our stubbornness but you are so patient. Give me your patience and your heart so I can love them like you do. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: