Sunday, February 03, 2008

Prejudice

Exodus 35; Exodus 36; Acts 10
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Acts 10

34 Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism 35 but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right.

Observation

This year we have an African American running for President and is a serious contender for the Democrats. Barack Obama could become the first African American President of the United States. Does that bother you? If it does bother you then you need to dig down deep and ask yourself why? Maybe it is because he is a Democrat and you are a Republican or Independent. Maybe it is because he is not strong enough on moral issues like the abortion issue or gay marriage.

What if he was a Republican and he was very strong on moral issues would you vote for him then? Or maybe it is that he doesn’t have the right color of skin to get your support. I hope you and I have moved past the sin of prejudice but I am not sure that we have. Peter struggled with it and you and I will too.

In heaven there will be folks from every different tribe and nation rubbing shoulders with us. So we better get used to it now.

Barack Obama is not strong enough on moral issues for me, but if an African American runs next term for President who is then I would support him if he were the best candidate. How about you?

Application

Today I will take extra time with one of our church members or guests that might have a shade darker skin or that have a different heart language than mine to let them know that they are loved.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, give me your heart for people. Help me see them like you see them. Don’t let me be prejudiced towards anyone. Bring someone into my life today that needs to be encouraged and help me be an encouragement to him or her. Today as we celebrate the Lord’s Supper may it bring you joy. May it cause you to smile on us today. Thank you for this Lord’s Day. We will rejoice and be glad in it! Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

Charlotte Robinson said...

Marriage is a basic civil right.For the truth about gay marriage check out our trailer. Produced to educate & defuse the controversy it has a way of opening closed minds & provides some sanity on the issue: www.OUTTAKEonline.com

Eddy Williams said...

Charlotte,

I agree with you. I hope that you understood my statement.

Marriage is under attack and we need to vote for a Presidential candidate that is strong on moral values and especially who is strong on defending traditional marriage as defined in the Bible.

Thanks for writing!

Eddy