Thursday, February 07, 2008

Poisoned!

Leviticus 4; Leviticus 5; Leviticus 6; Acts 14
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Acts 14

1 At Iconium Paul and Barnabas went as usual into the Jewish synagogue. There they spoke so effectively that a great number of Jews and Gentiles believed. 2 But the Jews who refused to believe stirred up the Gentiles and poisoned their minds against the brothers.

Observation

Have you ever been poisoned? Not poisoned by food or anything like that but have you ever been poisoned by the words of someone? Negative, critical comments about someone can have a negative impact on the way you feel about that person.

One time many years ago a friend of mine had become very negative about the pastor of our church and every time I was around the person, all I would hear is his negative critique of this man of God. I began believing what this person was saying and I began to also have negative feelings toward the pastor. Thank goodness, I came to realize that the poison that I was receiving from my negative friend was messing me up. I had to avoid getting caught out in the foyer by this guy and I refused to listen to any more of his negative gripes. This negative/critical guy doesn't go to church anymore.

Poison spreads quickly and leaves a wake of destruction in its path. Pastors of great churches have men that are strong that protect their pastor and staff members from these vicious attacks. I thank God for the men of our church that defend me, stick up for me, and stick up for the rest of our staff.


Application

I will build up and not tear down people this week.



Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for the positive people that you have placed in my life. Thank you that most people are positive and most are helpful. I pray that you protect us from the few that might want to poison people to be against our leadership. Help me to be positive even when I want to be critical. Guard my heart and my mouth today. Amen.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: