Monday, February 04, 2008

Life is Like The Super Bowl!

Exodus 37; Exodus 38; Psalm 19; Acts 11
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Acts 11

17 So if God gave them the same gift as he gave us, who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to think that I could oppose God?"

Observation

I know I am forcing this passage this morning to talk about the Super Bowl but in just a few minutes I am going to be speaking to our high school kids at our Christian Academy and I have to be ready to talk about the Super Bowl. Why? Because if I link what I say today with last night’s game they actually might listen.

Jesus said in John 10:10, “I have come that you might have life and have life to its fullest.” There is no greater achievement for a professional football player than to be able to win the Super Bowl. For those few moments after the win there is no greater joy. Last night we saw big football players’ breakdown and cry because they were so filled with emotion.

You and I are on teams today too! Life is like a Super Bowl. It is played out with two teams. Jesus Christ is head coach of one of the teams. Satan leads the other. For teenagers and so many adults they look at what Satan offers and they are drawn to play out life with him. Jesus says about his team, “I give to them eternal life and they shall never perish.” Plus God provides us with His Word the Bible that shows us ahead of time which team is going to win.

One day everyone on both teams will stand before God for the end of the game celebration and final statistics. Then who is going to be able to form the letter “L” with their fingers and put the letter “L” to their forehead and say, “Losers”?

Time is short. The game clock is ticking down. Now is the time to make Jesus your head coach. Personalize what Peter says in this verse, “Who are you to think that you could oppose God.” Acts 11:17

Application

I will continue to recruit people to be on God’s winning team!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me today present a clear message to our young people at our academy. Help me say something that they will remember. God, you speak to them through me. Open their hearts today. I pray that they will be able to see today with spiritual eyes. I pray that the Christian football players on both Super Bowl teams will be able to bring you much glory through their personal witness and testimony. You are an awesome God. I know that you are constantly working to bring people to a salvation and you can even use things like a Super Bowl to do it.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: