Saturday, February 23, 2008

Humility = Greatness

Numbers 12; Numbers 13; Psalm 90; Mark 2
Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


Scripture

Numbers 12

3 (Now Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth.)

Observation

Moses was a humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth. That is quite a statement I wonder what kind of statement people would use for you and me.

It would be nice if they would say something like that about us wouldn’t it.

Moses learned humility by living 40 years on the backside of a desert. Humility is learned through a life of brokenness. And that is what God desires from us a broken and contrite heart.

Application

2 Timothy 3:12 says, “Yes, if anyone wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus they will suffer persecution.” Life is tough but it is through a life of hard knocks where we learn humility. Difficult situations we experience are character builders. They prepare us for things that God has planned for us in the future.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be like Moses. Humility is something that I desire to have dominate my life. I pray for the men that will be attending the Men’s training event at Bell Shoals today. I pray for our men that they grow strong and take places of leadership. I pray that that you use our men to reach other men this week. I pray for revival within our church. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: