Thursday, February 21, 2008

How Would You Like to Have Been This Soldier?

Numbers 8; Numbers 9; Acts 28
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Acts 28

16 When we got to Rome, Paul was allowed to live by himself, with a soldier to guard him.

30 For two whole years Paul stayed there in his own rented house and welcomed all who came to see him. 31 Boldly and without hindrance he preached the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ.

Observation

Can you imagine being the soldier that had the job to guard the Apostle Paul? I think that it didn’t take him long to find out all about the way to have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. I would have loved to be around Paul. How about you? God put that soldier close to Paul for a purpose and that purpose was for that soldier to have the opportunity to have a personal relationship with him. Who has He put close to you and who has God put close to me? Who needs Jesus that is close to us?

Application

I will look for the person that God is bringing close to me that needs to hear about Jesus.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, open my eyes Lord to those around me. Give me your heart; give me your eyes so I can see people as you see them. Help me today. I need the Wisdom of Solomon for the things I face today. Help me to make wise decisions. Thank you that you hear me and that you will give me everything that I need to be able to make it through difficult days. Thank you for your Word. You alone are worthy to be Praised. Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: