Friday, February 08, 2008

Marvelous Grace!

Leviticus 7; Leviticus 8; Leviticus 9; Acts 15
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Acts 15

8 God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. 9 He made no distinction between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. 10 Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of the disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear? 11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are."

Observation

It is interesting to me that even today we have a few people in our churches that always want to add something to God’s Grace. Have you noticed that too? The truth is though that salvation is not something we can earn. The word Grace means receiving something that is completely undeserved. There are so many verses that we can go to in God’s Word that talk about His Marvelous Grace. I will just list a few: Romans 5:15; Ephesians 1:7; 2:8,9. The word “grace” is mentioned 107 times in the New Testament alone.

Grace is a gift and so salvation is a gift from God not gained by works or by something we have done. I have someone that always yes Grace is a gift, but… and this guy immediately launches into how you have to live a life for the Lord to keep your salvation. This person thinks that yes salvation is free but you have to work to keep it. In our heads we might think that God should operate that way, but He doesn’t. Salvation is free. Salvation, once we have it, it is ours forever and nothing we do can cause us to lose it. That’s Grace!

Application

I will give thanks today for the salvation that has been so freely given to me and I will look for a chance to share that Good News with someone today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you today for saving me. I realize that my salvation is not because I am such a good guy because you know very well that I am not. Thank you that you have given me the privilege of sharing the Good News about your wonderful gift of Grace. I love it when people understand the message of salvation and the light is turned on. It is so exciting to see people saved. I pray for people to be saved this week through the ministry of our people. Use them to touch lives. Help me to be a witness for you today. Thank you for your Marvelous Gift of Grace. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: