Sunday, February 10, 2008

More Noble in Character

Leviticus 13; Leviticus 14; Acts 17
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

In Berea

Acts 17

10 As soon as it was night, the brothers sent Paul and Silas away to Berea. On arriving there, they went to the Jewish synagogue. 11 Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. 12 Many of the Jews believed, as did also a number of prominent Greek women and many Greek men.

Observation

I think it is interesting that from one city to another the people were more open to the Gospel. The Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians. They were eager to dig into the Word of God. I wonder what made the difference. I remember too that the Thessalonians received letters from Paul about their misunderstanding the scriptures and/or his instructions about the return of Christ. Some of them had quit working because they reasoned that if Christ was going to return any day then why work and Paul had to rebuke them for this wild notion.

Do you dig into God’s Word for yourself or do you depend on being spoon fed on Sunday mornings?

Application

I will be eager this week to examine God’s Word.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, give me a hunger for your Word. Help me to feed myself on the riches of your Word. Give me a desire to be in your Word everyday. Show me neat things from it this week that I have never seen before. I pray that when I talk about your Word to others that they will be able to sense the excitement and that they will have a thirst and hunger to be in your Word. As Job says in Job 23:12b “I have treasured the words of His mouth More than my necessary food” Lord, help me be able to say the same thing. Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: