Tuesday, February 19, 2008

May The Lord Make His Face Shine Upon You

Numbers 5; Numbers 6; Psalm 22; Acts 26
Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Scripture

Numbers 6

24 " ' "The LORD bless you
and keep you;
25 the LORD make his face shine upon you
and be gracious to you;
26 the LORD turn his face toward you
and give you peace." '

Observation

As you get ready to go out the door in the morning on your way to work what blessing do you pray for your wife as you give her that good bye kiss? Men, yes I am talking to you!

I was challenged to do this at a Family Life Seminar 2 years ago and I only wish that someone had challenged me to do this when I had first gotten married. Now I try to stop and pray a short blessing on Kathy before I give her that goodbye going out the door kiss each morning.

I think sometimes that it probably does more for me than it does Kathy, but no that is not true because God does honor our blessings that we pray for people.

Why not try praying a blessing on your wife today? And if you have children still in your home why not pray blessings on them too. God will answer and He will bless them.

Application

I will continue praying a blessing on Kathy everyday before leaving the house for work.

Prayer

Heavenly Father may your face shine on Kathy today. I pray that you bless her and keep her. I pray that you turn your face toward her and give her your peace. I pray a blessing on my children and my grandchildren today. Bless them Lord. Draw them close to you. You are an Awesome Awesome God. Amen.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: