Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Majority of ONE

Numbers 7; Psalm 23; Acts 27
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Acts 27

23 Last night an angel of the God whose I am and whom I serve stood beside me 24 and said, 'Do not be afraid, Paul. You must stand trial before Caesar; and God has graciously given you the lives of all who sail with you.'

Observation

Paul is on a ship heading to Rome where he will go on trial and eventually meet his death. This trip was all part of God’s plan for the life of Paul. God had told Paul that he must go to Rome and stand before Caesar.

Paul warned them earlier in this chapter not to sail because if they did they would face disaster, but the scriptures say that the majority on the ship decided not to listen to Paul’s advice and they sailed anyway. After being in hurricane force winds for fourteen days the 276 men aboard the ship had given up all hope of being saved. This is when Paul reminded them of what he had told them earlier about not sailing and he reminded them that they refused to listen to him. This time he had their attention and they listened.

The majority is not always right. When the Majority of ONE speaks that is who we need to listen to. For some reason we tend to think that the church should be guided by a majority vote on this and a majority vote on that, but instead we need to be guided by the Majority vote of ONE. We need to hear His Voice.

I love verse 24 where it says that God graciously gave Paul the lives of those that sailed with him. God saved the lives of the 275 other men on the ship because of one man.

One man or woman totally sold out to God has unbelievable influence and power from God and God blesses those that surround him or her.

Application

I will listen for His Voice in the situations that face me today. I will seek His face.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for allowing us the privilege of knowing you in a personal way. You are so wonderful. I pray today for clarity on issues that I must face and I need to hear your voice. So help me filter out the voices of so many to focus on you and you alone. Give me wisdom today. Give me discernment. Help me act wisely today. Protect me from the evil one and do not allow him to get a foothold in my life or in the lives of those within our church. Help me to be a godly influence like Paul was to the people around him and may I live my life where the people around me are blessed. Thank you for your Holy Spirit that lives and works in my life and gives me strength to make it through difficult situations like those I face today. Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: